Friday, January 27, 2012

Poster for 'Willa'

How do you make a movie poster? That's actually a good question and one that I now feel I am a few steps closer to answering. As anyone who has been following 'Willa' from the beginning have noticed, there has been quite a few temporary poster-ish pictures on the Facebook, website etc. but I wanted a 'real' poster - one that expresses what I think the movie is about, leaving something to be desired and not raising or answering too many questions.
 Well a while ago, the wonderful Raffael Pacitti, who first got me involved in Bikram Yoga by the way, and I were chatting at the studio about the movie and he mentioned that he would love to try his skills with a poster for the film. I was thrilled! I told him about the sites etc and sent him the story so he could learn a bit more about it.
 But that wasn't all. In order to make a suitable poster he asked me all kinds of questions about the film - some very straight forward and some more symbolic. This was sort of fabulous! I didn't ever imagine that questions like those could help create the mood for a poster - but I was thrilled that Raffael threw himself into it this way.
 After giving him all the answers I could he brought everything together and sent me a draft, very close to the poster we have now. I immediately loved it and though it's simple in one way, it also just exactly gives the impression and sets the mood that I was looking for. How great was that! I'm hoping he will be designing posters for the next 50 films I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment